Monday, January 18, 2010

Getting Started

This blog will be a journal of my progress as I learn about herbs. My goal is to share stories of trials with herbs and the results--whether positive or negative. Perhaps this will help others to figure out what herbs to try for their own health, but also it will help me to remember what has worked and what has not.

I began learning about herbs when my oldest child was about 3 or 4. He had lots of allergies and when the doctors seemed unable to help him much we tried a doctor who did things all naturally. It was very successful. He went from having all the symptoms of asthma and throwing up a couple times each night, to being a normal, healthy child. The asthma symptoms disappeared and the vomiting stopped. He began to be able to play without wheezing. This greatly encouraged me and I wanted to learn more.

I dabbled here and there and continued to have successes for the most part. Last year at some point I began to study with the School of Natural Healing. My goal is to become a Master Herbalist. I have so far completed the initial phase of Family Herbalist and then the next step was Nutritional Herbologist. I am continuing my studies, but I'm not sure how fast my progress will be since we are expecting a new baby (#11) sometime in the next month or so.

Using herbs is more than just taking a pill. It's not for everyone. It's not always easy. To truly work well, there is often a need to change your diet. For us, the first requirement was to give up sugar--or at least greatly reduce how much we consumed. This stops a lot of people right there.

But if you are interested in learning, feel free to read through this blog. There might be something helpful here for you. Sometimes those herbs help in spite of bad eating habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment