Saturday, September 14, 2013

Magnesium, Days 4 and 5

Day 4: I woke with a kink in my neck. That happens when I've been sleep deprived and then get a good night's sleep. I just don't move or something and my neck gets stiff. It was mild and went away early in the day, but then I felt like I was coming down with the cold the rest of the family has had. I had a mild sore throat, headache in the back of my eyes/front of my head, and just felt achy all over. I took some GSE and extra vitamin D and made it through.

The one thing noticeable yesterday (Day 4) was that I was not grinding my teeth as hard. I do this thing where I play music on my teeth. I've done it as long as I can remember. If there's a song in my head I kinda click my teeth in time to the music or clench my back teeth left then right in time to the music. I never realized that was grinding my teeth until a dentist told me I do. Anyway, at times I will clench pretty tightly. Yesterday I noticed that I was just moving my jaw back and forth to the song in my head more out of habit than a need to clench my teeth. I wasn't really biting. Today I haven't at all. Even when I chewed gum, it was mild chewing, not hard clenching. I don't know if that will make sense to anyone but me, but the point is, there is improvement. This tells me I am absorbing some magnesium.

Day 5: Still losing lots of hair. And my weight is varying more widely. I had a low and an all-time high all in one day. (I'm not counting my pregnancy weights.) I'm not happy with this today. My hair was just beginning to grow back after the miscarriage in July. I have all these little half-inch hairs where I'd lost my hair. This is making me nervous. I need to pray about this because I'm really wanting to either get back on Tyrosine or try the Fo-Ti herb I'd recently bought. It's supposed to help hair re-grow. And this weight gain. Ugh. There was a time in my life where I would have just figured, "Oh well, I'll lose it later." But those days seem to be gone. Nowadays I seem to gain, hold steady, gain, hold steady. And the gaining definitely correlates with the hair loss, fuzzy memory, and low energy I get when I'm off the Tyrosine. But I still have energy, except the middle of the day when nothing can keep me awake.

As far as the fuzzy memory goes, it's kind of an all around slowness in my head sometimes. I haven't noticed that getting worse in the last few days, but I did notice in the last couple weeks my Sudoku times have been slower. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment